Eric, my brother and a few of their friends are currently braving the rain, ice and cold temps tonight at the Kansas City Chiefs vs Pittsburgh Steelers game. And while that sounds enticing, Turk and I opted for the warm and cozy man cave and a home-cooked meal.
I decided to try out a new recipe for game day, a super easy-to-make taco bake. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and made a few adjustments to spice it up a bit.
– 1 lb lean hamburger
– 2 cups sour cream
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 package taco seasoning
– 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis (not drained)
– 1 can corn (drained)
– 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
– 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
– tortilla chips
– Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
– spray cooking dish with cooking spray
– brown ground beef; drain if needed
– Add diced tomatoes with chili, taco seasoning, sour cream, water, corn and black beans
– Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
– Spread layer of tortilla chips in baking dish
– pour a portion of meat mixture onto tortilla chips
– sprinkle a layer of cheese
– repeat layer of tortilla chips, meat mixture, cheese
– finish with tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top
– Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is fully-melted
Love this recipe – it’s super easy, quick to assemble and bake, and makes for great leftovers. Ok, now back to the game!